Stantec Transportation Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Transportation Analyst - ( 220001X9 )
We create the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, bicycle, plane, or their own two feet. We provide policy, planning, and engineering services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is looking for Transportation Analysts with 0-3 years of experience to join our multidisciplinary teams based in either of our Washington DC, New York City, Chicago and Atlanta offices. The option to work in-office, remotely, or a hybrid of both will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Transportation Analyst will work on a variety of transportation projects that may include focusing on policy, planning, systems & technology, operations and safety. Specific work assignments may include:
Electronic Revenue Collection Support:
- Support the planning, procurement, implementation and operation of electronic revenue collection systems including roadside tolling systems and back office/customer relationship management systems.
- Assist in ensuring that all documents and deliverables prepared by toll vendors meet project requirements.
- Track and resolve issues that arise during electronic revenue collection system implementations including issues related to functionality, performance, requirements, coordination with other tolling systems, coordination with tolling vendors, and coordination with third party service providers.
- Support the validation and operational oversight of electronic revenue collection technologies and systems verifying conformances with contract performance requirements.
Mobility Innovation Policy Support:
- Undertake policy and research activities in support of Stantec’s Smart(ER) Mobility Sector and its goals in promoting a more holistic, community minded, and people focused approach to mobility.
- Analysis, research, and project support for projects with state and local government agencies to develop and implement long-term strategies for addressing policy challenges specific to mobility and technology in communities.
- Support policy and technical analysis around projects focused on infrastructure planning for electric, automated, and connected vehicles.
- Support research, legislative analysis, white paper development and data-collection/monitoring efforts related to identifying innovative or promising mobility practices and trends.
Transportation Engineering Planning Support:
- Perform transportation planning studies, traffic operations analysis, traffic impact studies, speed studies, toll road feasibility studies, traffic signal timing analysis, crash analysis, and roadway safety audits.
- Conduct microsimulation modeling, roadway operations design, prepare signal timing plans, traffic management plans, signing plans, and pavement marking design.
- Support travel demand modeling, including model preparation and analysis of results.
- Assist with traffic data collection and data analysis, write reports, and other technical assignments
- Write draft technical memoranda and provide traffic engineering and transportation planning input to projects within transportation disciplines.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Experience with data analyses and databases is a plus.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Microsoft One Drive, and Microsoft Teams.
Experience with Power BI, Tableau, SQL and computer programming (such as Python) is a plus.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) are required to support the development and management of project documentation and client communications.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Understanding of research methods related to transportation policy and technology with focus on emerging technology, equity, and accessibility.
Knowledge of recent developments, current literature and sources of information related to smart mobility and transportation technology planning and implementation.
Enthusiasm and creativity for helping build new services aligned with Stantec’s Smart(ER) Mobility vision.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Planning, Operations Research, or Computer Science.
0-3 years of professional work experience.
A masters' degree is a plus.
Candidates with prior work experience, internships, or co-ops in transportation are preferred.
EIT certification preferred
Please include the following additional required application materials:
- A Cover Letter in PDF format indicating your background, interests, and goals in the field of Transportation . Include any other relevant information you believe will help us make an informed decision.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-New York-New York
Other Locations : United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-District Of Columbia-Washington
Job : Transportation Designer
Organization : BC-1934 Transportation Planning, Engineering & Toll Roads-US NY
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 1, 2022, 8:38:46 AM
Req ID: 220001X9
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans