Stantec Project Engineer – Civil (Rail/Road) in Sydney, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Our established Sydney team is looking for a Civil Project Engineer. This role is suitable for a qualified candidate to help the Transportation team on a diverse range of projects. The candidate will have 2+ years post grad experience ideally working within the Transportation sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Deliver quality engineering and technical activities to achieve successful projects
• Support a range of clients and stakeholders including local authorities, government bodies and commercial companies
• Prioritise workloads whilst ensuring our Clients' needs are met whilst maintaining strong and trusting working relationships with your colleague's both locally and across the international Stantec team.
• Build and develop your professional profile both internally and externally by consistently demonstrating an ability to successfully deliver projects.
• Maintain an appropriate level of service to Clients.
• During the development of this role you will assist with project management and business development.
• Support other PE’s in completing projects in terms of program, profitability, technical risk management and overall Client satisfaction.
• Execute project design, documentation and contract administration services including regular project reviews
• Be accurate, diligent and professional.
• Participate in meetings with clients and other consultants.
Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering; or similar
• Ideally have 2+ years post graduate experience in the consulting or engineering industry.
• Skills in design software such as 12D and Autocad would be advantageous but not essential.
• Knowledge of Australian Standards
• Ability to apply technical expertise in a way which balances commercial profitability, QA adherence, risk management and the morale of others.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Technically strong in terms of understanding the key elements of the design and construction of Rail/Road projects.
• Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Ability to use initiative and think outside the box
• Positive, can-do attitude
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Project Engineer – Civil (Rail/Road)
Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
New South Wales