Stantec Shift Plant Operator (Ince Park) in Site Based, United Kingdom
At Stantec we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Stantec is looking to strengthen their waste to energy team with a Shift Plant Operator for one of our projects at Ince Park (Chester). Ince Park is a 21 MW waste wood biomass power plant deploying outotec fluidised bed gasification technology to power over 41,000 local homes.
As the Shift Plant Operator you will ensure safe and efficient operation of all activities on site including gasification plant, a high-pressure boiler, economizer and FGT, turbine and generator, together with associated auxiliary plant - including first-line fault diagnosis These positions will require you to work shift patterns that includes weekends and bank holidays.
You will report directly to the Shift Team Leader and the responsibilities will include:
• Assist the team leader with operating / monitoring the plant from the SCADA system, operate other auxiliary systems and equipment as required by the operational demands
• Assist in ensuring day to day compliance with all aspects of the environmental permit, reporting any non-compliance or incident to the shift team leader
• Carry out routine plant inspections and adjustments / operations as required collecting and recording plant data
• Work within the company’s health and safety, quality and environmental management system and all relevant legislation
• Monitor stocks and take receipt of consumables / collection of residues
• Assist other company staff and contractors as required
• To be aware of and work within the company environmental and quality systems
• Carry out other reasonable tasks and duties as requested by management
• Undertake continuing personal development to enhance knowledge and skills relevant to the role
Shift Plant Operator (Ince Park)
• Completed recognized engineering apprenticeship or hold similar relevant qualifications to the role
• An understanding of current environmental and health and safety issues
• Experience of mechanical and/or electrical plant with experience of plant operations, ideally with experience in an engineering or a maintenance role
• Experience gained through working in a continuous process environment, preferably with experience of working shifts.
• Awareness of PTW, SSOW
• IT Literate
• Able to operate, or train to operate a variety of mobile equipment and fixed plant.
• A recognised Safety qualification – IOSH or equivalent
• It is essential that candidates must live in travelling distance from the site
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):