Stantec Maintenance Manager (Ince) in Site Based, United Kingdom
At Stantec we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Stantec is looking to strengthen their waste to energy team with a Maintenance Manager for our Ince Park (Chester) project. Ince Park is a 21 MW waste wood biomass power plant deploying outotec fluidised bed gasification technology to power over 41,000 local homes.
As Maintenance Manager you will manage the site maintenance function, planning and optimising works to ensure high plant availability and performance within approved budgets. Promote a cooperative and proactive culture within the operations and maintenance team to ensure consistently high delivery.
You will report directly to the Plant Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Manage all operational aspects of the facility and processes on site, including the methods and organisation of work, including recruitment, induction, appraisal and training of Maintenance Staff in accordance with Stantec procedures
• Ensure that the plant operates within the requirements of the Environmental Permit and all other Environmental Legislation
• Propose changes as appropriate to optimise operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Prepare an annual budget for the Operations Department for review and subsequently work within the approved budget
• Ensure compliance with the company’s Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems, Policies and Procedures, ensuring that systems are in place to maintain safe systems of work for company and contractors staff.
• Organisation and management of the maintenance function including in house maintenance team, plus contract staff, to achieve an efficient maintenance function, while adhering to all relevant legislation and site procedures
• Develop and routinely review planned maintenance schedules and the site Lifecycle Maintenance Plan
• Review plant defects, developing proposals for modifications where appropriate, to maintain plant reliability and availability
• Oversee development of Stores Systems, Management Systems, H&S procedures and the CMM system to improve the organisation of all aspects of the maintenance function
• Plan and manage planned maintenance outages, including specification of work, quality control and co-ordination between all parties involved
• Prepare site maintenance budget proposals and work within approved budgets
• Participate in the Management ‘Standby’ rota to cover any emergency situation that may arise
Maintenance Manager (Ince)
• HND/ HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline
• Relevant H&S qualification to IOSH Managing Safely level
• Strong process engineering background, preferably in the power industry including steam raising plant
• Robust appreciation of Health, Safety and Environmental procedures
• Experience preparing detailed plans, reports and programs
• Experience in managing contractors and consultants
• Educated to degree level in a relative Engineering discipline
• NEBOSH certificate
• Previous management experience in W2E steam raising plants
• Experience of Pressure Systems, PSSR/ PED
• Experience of working with/ under CDM Regs
• Knowledge/ experience in HV electrical systems
• Previous budgeting experience
• Experience of managing site Environmental Permits in accordance with IED
• Experience of planning and managing maintenance outages
• Experienced in managing operational teams, shift rotas, resource planning etc
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):