Stantec Senior Transportation Engineer in Pune, India
Primary Purpose of Job:
• Contribute to Stantec business goals by providing technical expertise in transportation design and technical management of multidisciplinary projects.
• Support regional project teams by providing appropriate technical solutions to ensure projects are properly managed and outputs meet the agreed goals and project budgets.
• Provide technical expertise in transport investigation, concept and detail design of projects, and be responsible for design management of assigned projects.
• Check and review project design inputs prepared by others, as directed
• Continue to develop a high level of technical knowledge and skills in transportation that is sought by clients, particularly in the design and delivery of significant capital projects.
• Provide oversight of concept, scheme and detailed designs as required.
• Maintain an understanding of all relevant regional technical and professional standards, keeping abreast of new developments in transportation design engineering and advise BOU leader, managers and staff where appropriate.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of Stantec’s best practices in transportation.
• Undertake a range of technical duties and dedicated inputs as required for transportation projects including, concept, scheme and detailed designs, intersection improvements and traffic calming improvements to meet regional requirements.
• Develop and enhance skills in design management to support multidiscipline project teams for the execution and delivery of significant projects for regional public and private sector clients
• Provide senior level advice, solutions and project outcomes that create value for regional teams.
• Develop and mentor junior staff, particularly in the area of transportation design to help with effective succession planning.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
Senior Transportation Engineer
Qualifications & Experience
• Tertiary qualification in relevant engineering field
• Ideally chartered accreditation with relevant national industry body in region with preference for Australian and/or New Zealand
• 10+ years’ experience desirably in an engineering consultancy
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams in a professional services or project delivery environment, and be able to work within a matrix-based group structure
• Experienced in delivering projects to the required quality standards as a remotely located teams
• Experience of delivering road design solutions using relevant Australian and/or New Zealand standards, guides and specifications.
• Proficient user of 12D or MX OpenRoads
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with regional project teams
• Leadership skills to mentor and motivate team members as a role model within the BOU
• Excellent organisational skills to prioritise work to meet business and project delivery needs
• Well-developed analytical skills to understand a range of data and various financial and commercial reports
• Highly developed problem solving and negotiation skills to resolve any disputes that may arise
• Highly level of English written and oral communication skills.
• Comprehension of the Stantec Quality Management System
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!