Stantec Senior Software Developer - Digital Solutions in Pune, India
Stantec’s Water group has an opportunity for an experienced full stack application developer. Stantec’s Water is digitizing the Water Cycle by bringing advanced process control and big data analytics to bear on the most challenging problems facing the Water sector. As a Senior Developer, you will work with product owners to Lead application development to augment our Engineering and Consulting practice and develop applications used directly by our clients.
Stantec’s Digital Solutions team works closely with project managers and clients to develop solutions that enable our clients to have top tier information access and analytics. This journey includes identifying, defining, and developing those products. Several products and service-oriented solutions have been developed at version 1.0 and more are being defined. Our goal is to transform the water industry with best-in-class digital solutions. These solutions cover the complete project and water lifecycle, from planning to operations, and watershed management to wastewater treatment.
The Digital Solutions team is looking for a full stack developer to complement the existing team in achieving our mission over the long term. The position will include performing both product and project consulting work.
Responsibilities will include helping build out current and future digital solutions—working on back end and front-end development as needed. This role requires the implementation of best practices to produce highly reusable code that can apply to multiple clients. An emphasis in producing highly efficient and performant code is a must. Specifics in this role may include creating/extending Web APIs, designing and implementing database architecture, building front end component libraries, helping set up automation testing, and making code extensible to incorporate client specific features and branding. Candidates with experience in data science and/or operational technologies are preferred for this position.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Design and develop state of the art service-oriented software architectures.
• Produces well-structured designs using various design patterns that maintain a clear separation of concerns.
• Lead and push the boundaries of analytics and powerful, scalable applications.
• Support the Stantec Digital Solutions teams in developing top tier digital solutions. This requires some travel to attend meetings with clients.
• Work with remote teams for development and implementation as needed for a variety of digital solutions for analytical dashboards and interfaces. Focus on implementing best practices and developing for reusability.
• Ability to understand storyboards, wireframes, and simple prototypes; and, how to develop them into real solutions.
• Ability to communicate and coordinate with other team members to complete project tasks to meet specific deadlines.
• You will be receiving direction from Digital Solution leadership in various locations and technical support from remote locations.
• Candidates must be well organized, self-motivated, enjoy finding solutions to problems.
Capabilities and Credentials
• Can work well in a team environment without direct supervision and ability to productively work from home.
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Possess a hard-working and positive attitude.
• Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
• Possesses excellent time-management skills, thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and available resources.
• Experience using source version control with Git.
• Experience with modern interface patterns and libraries including Angular or React.
• Ability to design and implement reusable software components based on requirements, specifications, or prototypes.
• Experience reading and writing to web-based APIs using JSON or XML objects.
• Experience using object relational mapper frameworks.
• Experience with data analytics or data science is preferred.
• Experience working with operational technologies in an industrial, automation, or water treatment context is preferred. This includes working with data sets such as SCADA, PLCs, and DCS.
• Experience working with location data and maps is preferred.
• Experience using Azure DevOps is preferred.
Senior Software Developer - Digital Solutions
Education and Experience
Computer Science or Engineering related bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Minimum of 8 years of experience.
Azure development certifications are an asset:
Microsoft Certified: Azure Data – Fundamentals Exam DP-900
Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist – Associate Exam DP-100
Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer – Associate Exams DP-200 and DP-201
Typical office environment working with computers with flexible timings. It may involve meetings with our regional counterparts off-office hours.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!