Stantec Civil Engineer in Pune, India
Primary Purpose of Job:
Contribute to the ongoing growth of STANTEC Resource-Net Private India Ltd by providing technical support in water and wastewater treatment, disposal of treated sewage and solid handling, unit sizing and hydraulic calculations of various treatment units of WTP and WWTP, preparing detailed layout plans and sections of various units, utility routing and connections, performance assessment of existing facilities etc. preferably for UK frameworks
Support project technical leads /team leader by providing technical support to ensure that project outcomes in terms of budget, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and STANTEC expectations.
• Engineering and design of WTP and WWTP
• Hydraulic design of treatment units and associated piping / channels
• Outline design / Optioneering
• Detailed design
• Prepare technical reports
• Coordinate / advise designers to prepare detailed drawings
• Liaison with Vendors/Supplier
• Familiar with CDM regulation
• Consideration of Safety in Design
• Need to work off-hours for client co-ordination: Occasionally
• Need to travel offshore for training/on-site work: Occasionally
• Technically deliver the design of treatment plants, hydraulic and utility design independently.
• Work in collaboration with Discipline Lead, Project Lead and other discipline leads and engineers, designers.
• Ensure the use of consistent design standards and best practices on projects in line with the technical direction of the discipline
• Developing excellence by ensuring project efficiencies are achieved.
• Ensure that the quality programs, appropriate design procedures and systems are followed.
• Professionally qualified Engineer, MEng or BEng (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering / Environmental Engineering with recent experience in water and wastewater treatment and disposal.
• 5 to 7 years of relevant experience.
• At least 3 years of experience working on civil engineering design aspects for WTP and WWTP and knowledge of various treatment methodologies (e.g. ASP/SBR/MBR /MBBR etc) and process knowledge of the units
• Experience of working for UK frameworks
• Understanding pf P&ID and PFD for WTP and WWTP
• Knowledge of GIS / CAD
• Excellent data presentation abilities (MS Office)
• Ability to work in collaborative multi-discipline engineering environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to make decisions independently and strong problem resolutions skills
• Experience working on multidisciplinary (Electrical, Mechanical, Structural) WTP and WWTP projects
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!