Stantec Service Desk Analyst in Maharashtra, India
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Service Desk Analysts are the first point of contact for staff seeking technical assistance for technology issues relating to company supported computer applications and platforms. They serve as members of the ITSC Team by providing technical support over the phone, remotely and occasionally in person, and maintaining the smooth operation of Stantec. Service Desk Analysts are under the management of the Team Lead, Service Desk.
Primary responsibility is prompt, courteous customer support and service - respond professionally to requests for technical assistance via phone, remotely or in person (where applicable). Be present and visible in the Service Desk and available to customers requiring technical assistance. Follow-up on customer interactions, assessing whether this should be by phone, in person or email depending on the nature of follow-up required. Attention should be given to achieving First Call Resolution (FCR) as much as possible.
• Be willing to find answers to all questions addressed to them.
• Be ready to research questions using a variety of resources, and work with other IT and affiliated staff in answering customer questions.
• Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues to the best of their ability and redirect issues to other Tiers or Resources as appropriate.
• Advise customers on appropriate action.
• Identify and appropriately escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
• Document resolutions: attaching relevant information to tickets, record details of inquiries, actions taken, communicate and coordinate with internal departments and customers.
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates
• Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment to provide excellent customer support.
• Stay abreast of current news, system information, problems, changes and updates relevant to our customer community.
• Be willing to learn as he/she progresses in his/her position and as he/she is faced with new questions and situations.
• Familiarize themselves with the research and information resources and knowledge bases at hand to provide solutions to questions.
• Learn the functions of other Tiers and Resources for the purpose of triaging inquiries/ticket assignments appropriately.
• Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures;
• Accurately log all interactions using ticketing software.
• Process forms according to procedure.
• Manage customers' accounts.
• Participate in an on-call rotation if required.
• Have an understanding of ITIL, SOX and ISO 20000 and abide by all best practices and policies accordingly.
Service Desk Analyst
Over 3 years of experience in Service Desk/ help desk profile.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: IT/IS
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!