Stantec Scrum Master – Digital Practice Team in Maharashtra, India
About the Role
This position will guide and serve teams that deliver technology solutions, through effective application of the Lean/Agile principles and frameworks including Scrum and Kanban. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
Organizes and accelerates a group of related technology projects or activities across multiple teams, aligning dependent organizations. Identify and remove blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
• Creates mechanisms to effectively report out and control execution. Recognizes complexity and creates predictable delivery paths for large and/or complex efforts. Measurably improves, streamlines, and/or eliminates excess processes. Utilizes cross organizational mechanisms to describe and drive continuous improvements.
• Drives execution of an outcome from inception through successful delivery through the full stack of the services / domains, or, an outcome that spans multiple teams and integrations across the enterprise.
• Looked to as first point of contact for your team or area and the source of truth for status providing the right information and associated data about the state of the project to the right audience at the right time.
• Understands the business strategy and design approaches within product, program or domain with depth to be credible and effective with teams they work with. Can competently represent team’s services.
• Keeps abreast of evolving technology landscape. Can ask the right questions to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of designs (scalability, latency, security, performance, data integrity, etc.)
• Works with ambiguity and with limited guidance. The business outcome, program, and/or product strategy is defined, but nothing else is. Able to get the inertia out and the project in motion or able to get the entropy out and the project into a calm and predictable delivery pattern
• Transform raw thoughts into clear and concise communications/instructions to the teams. Can communicate with confidence 3+ levels up.
• Understands the needs of the engineers and technical operations teams who have to build, maintain, and operate the services and technical assets
• Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives
• Plays active role in mentoring and recruiting others
Scrum Master – Digital Practice Team
· Engineering or IT Graduate
· 5+ years serving as an active Scrum Master in a product or software development organization or Technical Program Manager
· Proven knowledge and practical experience of agile software development methodologies, values, principles, and practices.
· Demonstrated leadership ability to coach and empower the team to reach their highest potential. Excellent team player and team builder.
· Ability to communicate and collaborate with personnel at all levels of the organization and with diverse personality types.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time sensitive work environment.
· Ability to understand technical issues at a high/applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
· Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
· Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and effective in empowering team members to propose solutions to complex problems.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
• You use data and evidence to help make the best decisions and to pursue relentless improvement
• You have technical depth in learning, understanding, and sharing knowledge of enterprise-level technology solutions
· Agile Certification/s - SAFe, CSM, PSM, SSM, PMI-ACP
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Business Support
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!