Stantec Civil Engineer Mining in Maharashtra, India
Stantec is a leader in global infrastructure, water resource development, Buildings, Mining, Oil and Gas providing engineering design and remediation, construction, procurement, program management, and technology solutions for the environmental, water, wastewater, energy and power markets of the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific region.
Stantec is looking for Civil Engineer who can contribute to the ongoing growth of Stantec ResourceNet India Private Ltd by providing technical expertise in Civil discipline. Civil Engineers (within the Energy & Resources Division of Stantec), plan, design, and direct engineering for mining projects such as heavy truck and light vehicle roads, mine site airports, railroads, bridges, pipelines, tunnels, and drainage, water, tailings dams and sewage systems. They create drawings and schematics of projects using computer aided design (CAD) software such as XPSWMM, DRAINS and TuFlow.
A Career Level 4 Civil Engineer carries out civil engineering assignments of limited scope and complexity. Under the general direction of a senior engineer, this role is responsible for a small project or part of a project or operation requiring a sound knowledge of civil engineering. Assist with preparing proposals and cost estimates. Work is completed under general supervision. Participate in local professional organization.
• Review the input received from client and understand the scope of work and then plan work accordingly without changing design intent.
• Perform civil engineering design which may include engineering drawings, calculations, reports, design criteria, to support engineering projects such as roads, airports, railroads, bridges, pipelines, tunnels, and water and sewage systems.
• Perform calculations to analyze and design civil system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
• Assist in the evaluation and selection of civil systems and materials and the development of civil specifications.
• Contribute to the development of civil systems, through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
• Assist in the preparation of engineering project documents, client presentations, client contact and communication pertaining to specific project deliverables.
• Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
• Prepare civil engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans and schedules.
• Assist in the review of shop drawings and submittals, responds to request for information, and performs other contract administration tasks.
• Recognize when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
• Attend project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
• Participate in value engineering and basic cost estimating to support engineering projects.
• Perform other duties as assigned by senior engineering staff.
Civil Engineer Mining
• B.E. Civil Engineering;
• 8 to 10 years of relevant industrial experience.
• 2D and 3D Modelling and design experience using Software applications.
o XPSWMM, DRAINS and TuFlow
o Autodesk AutoCAD
o Bentley MicroStation
o Bentley OpenRoads will be an additional advantage
• Knowledge and project experience of working and delivering in a BIM environment.
• Knowledge and project experience of working and delivering using Common Data Environments like Bentley ProjectWise and Autodesk BIM 360.
• Should be good team player.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Fully competent in all conventional areas of subject matter or functional area.
• Devises new solutions to problems encountered.
• Good knowledge of other engineering discipline needs and interfaces.
• Advanced presentation skills.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!