Stantec Senior Mechanical Engineer - Leeds in Leeds, United Kingdom
Stantec have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Leeds on a full time basis. The salary is £48,000 to £53,000
Globally, Stantec is one of the leading consultants in Environmental Services and one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. Stantec has been selected by key Clients across the UK as a strategic consultancy provider. As a consequence we are looking for the right people to join our team to help deliver these exciting opportunities.
This is a chance to join an evolving team supporting the delivery of these exciting opportunities.
Currently we have opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Team in Leeds supporting projects locally and across the UK.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for all the mechanical engineering elements of solutions and the production of associated outline and detailed designs to support the successful delivery of projects.
You will work as part of a multi-disciplined team to undertake technical audits, risk evaluations, develop the mechanical design and liaise with other technical disciplines at feasibility, outline and detailed stages to produce solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. You will develop cost effective solutions and adopt innovative design solutions in accordance with the Client’s requirements.
• Provide the Mechanical design input into asset surveys and plant condition assessments, feasibility studies, optioneering, whole life costing and conceptual design.
• Responsibility for detailed design, value engineering, specification and selection of process equipment, tender assessments, reports and recommendations.
• Produce project documentation including engineering specifications, data sheets, layout drawings etc.
• Produce mechanical specifications and deliverables for schemes in accordance with current legislation and standards for the scheme requirements.
• Liaise with Subcontractors and deal with technical queries.
• Design representation at factory acceptance testing of mechanical plant.
• Design input to site testing, commissioning and advice on Operational issues.
• Using appropriate software and developing technology to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
• Plan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects.
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing contacts with clients as required.
• Build relationships with new clients and key stakeholders.
• Provide technical assistance to staff, including training within specific areas of responsibility and expertise as required.
• Provide leadership and direction for less experienced members of the team
• Review and co-ordinate the work of others.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team.
• Complete all work in line Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Leeds
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant subject
Chartered or equivalent and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IMechE
Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in mechanical design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
Experience in Commissioning / Operational Experience of water industry projects is an advantage.
Experience in energy projects as well as water industry projects is an advantage.
Strong Business Development skills to include an understanding of market demand and the ingredients of a successful bid, being a successful networker and having commercial acuity.
Knowledge and skills in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of mechanical equipment for projects in the water, or process industries.
Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office.
Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team and independently.
Understand the appropriate level of detail for different project requirements.
Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team – both written and oral.
Good client service focus.
Excellent organisational skills and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
The closing date for this role is 6th December 2018.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):