Stantec Project Manager (senior) in La Hulpe, Belgium
Given the current pandemic crisis, we have had to adjust our recruitment efforts. We still plan to interview interested candidates, however, start date and employment details will not be confirmed until a later date.
At Stantec, we believe that growing a great consulting services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
Stantec’s Belgium office is the seat of the International Division unit. We provide management support to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors. We combine the perfect mix between the expertise of providing sustainable solutions to development challenges mainly in developing countries, and the knowledge in diplomacy, governance and communication.
You will join the expanding project management team and take the responsibility of managing some important projects within our portfolio of projects in the field of energy and climate. The Project Manager (PM) role is a key role in maximizing the performance of the Business and is focused in:
1) Business discipline – to ensure that projects under their control are effectively monitored and managed on time, cost and delivered to the required technical standard and quality;
2) Client Relationship Management (CRM) – to build valued and long-lasting relationships with clients which makes them advocates for your service and that of Stantec
Project Manager (senior)
• A relevant degree on at least a Master level with a minimum of at least 7 years experience.
• A project management qualification (e.g. PMI, Prince2) or the willingness and eagerness to obtain this qualification within 18 months after the starting date.
• Planning & Management to Budget, Schedule & Scope (including risk/change management)
• Commitment to Client Service, Communication and Teamwork
• Commercially oriented and knowledge about commercial aspects of managing projects in consultancy business
• Excellent understanding of EU technical assistance projects with an external aid focus.
• Successful project management history with technical assistance projects ideally with DEVCO, NEAR or FPI.
• Experience managing large projects (above 10 Meuro) would be an asset
• Expertise in the field of climate or energy would be an asset
• Responsibility, punctual delivery and taking ownership of the tasks and assignments
• Focused on quality delivery
• Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
• Strong financial management
• Advanced level in Excell
• Fluent in English, both written and oral
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
This position will require to be in our office in La Hulpe and Brussels, Belgium and will start as soon as possible. If you are meeting the above requirements and ready to work in a fast-growing department and in an international environment context, please submit your detailed CV (in English only) and motivation letter through our website https://www.stantec.com/en/careers
If you would like to know more about this position, please feel free to contact Anca Andreescu, Head of Project Management team, by email: email@example.com
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe