Stantec Water Safety Planning Specialist in Hamilton, New Zealand
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role:
With a growing workload in the area of drinking water safety planning, we have an opportunity for someone to join our national water business, based in any of our offices across New Zealand.
Working with a variety of clients across New Zealand you will be responsible for:
• creating, updating and auditing drinking water safety plans
• organising, running or providing technical advice at WSP risk workshops,
• aiding with catchment management plans, network management plans and other associated WSP documentation
• Interpretating requirements of new NZ water legislation for treatment plant design, operations and/or compliance.
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• A recognised qualification in science and or engineering or public health
• 5+ years’ experience in a local authority, regulatory body or engineering consultancy
• A clear understanding of the current 3 waters reform process occurring in NZ.
• Experience with water supply operations ideal but not essential
• Ability to work remotely with a wide client set in New Zealand
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time employment.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Water Safety Planning Specialist
A recognised qualification in science and or engineering or public health
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Technology
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
New Zealand-Auckland, New Zealand-Christchurch, New Zealand-Dunedin, New Zealand-Hamilton, New Zealand-Hastings, New Zealand-Nelson, New Zealand-Palmerston North, New Zealand-Queenstown, New Zealand-Tauranga, New Zealand-Wellington, New Zealand-Whangarei
Auckland, Canterbury, Otago, Tasman/Nelson, Waikato, Wellington
Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hamilton, Nelson, Wellington