Stantec Wastewater Practice Leader in FORT COLLINS, Colorado
Wastewater Practice Leader - ( 2100028C )
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake—whether at the local, regional, or watershed level— thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities’ unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We’re a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that’s critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The Wastewater Practice Leader provides technical and business development/marketing support to the execution and growth of the Wastewater Treatment Sector and the Industrial Wastewater Sector business initiatives. The Wastewater Practice Leader will balance workload between the Wastewater Treatment Sector and the Industrial Wastewater Sector under direction from both the Wastewater Treatment and Industrial Wastewater Sector Leadership.
Your Key Responsibilities
The following are the tasks that are expected of the Wastewater Practice Leader for the Wastewater Sector within the Stantec Water Business Operating Unit in developing and executing our wastewater treatment business offerings in both municipal and industrial wastewater across North America (Canada and US) and, where necessary, globally.
- The Wastewater Practice Leader is a face of Stantec’s core values across the broad industrial wastewater and municipal wastewater industry.
- The Wastewater Practice Leader’s primary role is to provide front-line technical leadership in process engineering for municipal and industrial wastewater treatment facility projects, including, but not limited to, concept design, preliminary design, and QA/QC of detailed design delivery packages where necessary.
- The Wastewater Practice Leader provides oversight for the development and implementation of analysis and design standards for industrial and municipal wastewater treatment system infrastructure.
- The Wastewater Practice Leader is a client-facing technologist, focused on listening to client needs and developing cost-effective, innovative solutions, with sensitivity to the sustainability of local and regional communities and our global environment.
- The Wastewater Practice Leader studies trends in the municipal and industrial wastewater industry to identify strategic opportunities to demonstrate Stantec’s expertise in positioning for, winning and executing projects that are industry-leading and innovative.
- The Wastewater Practice Leader focuses on developing the careers of younger, and peer-level professionals by providing opportunities for growth and mentoring career development.
Work collaboratively with Project Delivery teams to guide, execute and assure quality of the technical aspects of delivery.
- Provide leadership, guidance and authority for the development and updating of standards and best practices for industrial and municipal wastewater treatment process engineering solutions and disseminate through delivery leaders for proper execution in project delivery
- Provide leadership authority for all process engineering design decisions on conceptual, preliminary and, where appropriate, on final design deliveries
- Provide leadership and guidance for the field piloting, demonstration and/or commissioning of process designs, coordinating and collaborating with the Stantec Institute for Water Technology & Policy
- Provide leadership in troubleshooting performance issues in the field, including guidance on regulatory impacts of process applications in real time
- Meaningful participation and engagement in active projects
- Local Community
- Regional Territory
- National, where appropriate and priority of subject matter expertise is relevant
- Global, where appropriate and priority of subject matter expertise is relevant
Work in collaboration with Business Development and National Marketing Teams
- Develop and implement a business development plan for the Industrial Wastewater Sector focusing on growth and client service in collaboration with the Industrial Wastewater Sector leadership team
- Support the annual business development planning efforts of the Wastewater Treatment Sector in collaboration with the Wastewater Treatment Sector leadership team
- Work in collaboration with the Stantec’s national marketing team to identify, position and pursue corporately strategic opportunities in the industrial and municipal wastewater treatment space within all North America geographies and overseas where needed.
- Participate in evaluating quarterly and annual program/project initiatives to set priorities for corporate marketing of marquee clients and projects (Top 20 and Top NEXT 20)
- Contribute key content material for the Wastewater Treatment and Industrial Wastewater Sectors’ corporate communications program initiatives:
- Key project materials for Stantec Market Knowledge Center (SMKC)
- Narratives for conventional, emerging and disruptive process technology solutions for municipal treatment systems for marketing and business development initiatives
- Build the Stantec brand by championing regional and national technical conferences through
- Technical presentations
- Technical articles for association conference periodicals
- Peer-reviewed publications
- Technical blogs, webinars, and workshops for professional associations
- Participation in key professional association technical committees and/or boards where available and appropriate
- Engagement in projects focused on wastewater treatment science research in collaboration with clients, academics, regulatory agencies, industries, technology developers, research foundations, etc.
Work in collaboration with the local and regional business development teams to identify, position and pursue key opportunities supportive of local and regional business centers priorities in the municipal wastewater treatment space.
- Participate in quarterly and annual evaluations for project priority pursuits supported by regional business units
- Hold periodic and direct communications with Regional Business Leaders and Business Center Sector Leaders on regional business development strategies
- Stay current with knowledge of opportunities documented in Stantec’s on-line “Pipeline” business development tracking tool in order to proactively insert leadership authority on process engineering issues in client proposals
- Conduct client “brown-bag” client presentations and workshops to position for key projects
- Participate in “GO/NO GO” decisions on pursuits when appropriate
- Participate in proposal development (generally via the technical approach) and in competitive project interviews
Work collaboratively with Stantec’s Talent Hub in recruitment to build the Wastewater Treatment and Industrial Wastewater Sectors’ technical bench depth in North America.
- Actively engage in identifying potential new hires to become a key participant in the Sector
- Engage with Delivery Center discipline leaders to assess and establish needs
- Engage with Regional Business Leaders to open requisitions
- Engage and partner with local, regional and national universities to identify key candidates at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Actively engage in identifying potential new hires to become a key participant in the Sector
Active mentoring of younger professionals
- Identify a minimum of two young professionals to mentor each year, and document in Year End Performance Review.
Engagement with Stantec Institute for Water Technology & Policy
- Participate in, as directed and appropriate, with Institute initiatives, including, but not limited to, designing experiments for applied research projects (for clients, Foundations strategic technology development partners, etc.) and experimental methods, collaborate on publications, mentor young researchers.
Participate in regularly scheduled Wastewater Treatment and Industrial Wastewater Sector technical conference calls
- Direct and convene periodic calls, with technical input from the Subsector
- Regular attendance in the Wastewater Treatment and Industrial Wastewater Sector conference calls
File accurate weekly time sheets and timely expense reports
Participate in annual performance review processes for career evaluation and development
- Complete, and keep up to date, all mandated corporate training modules including Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE), Safe Workplace Practices, business and professional ethics, Year-end Performance Review (YEPR), Equal Employment Opportunity, etc.
- The Wastewater Practice Leader reports directly to the Wastewater Treatment Sector Leader. The Wastewater Practice Leader is responsible to both the Industrial Sector Leader and the Wastewater Treatment Sector Leader, receiving direction from both, but in a balanced and collaborative spirit.
- It is reasonable to expect that a degree of travel is necessary to carry out the duties of the Wastewater Practice Leader role. A target of 25-35% is typical for this role. However, flexibility with work engagement (remote versus office) is ensured.
Education and Experience
The Wastewater Practice Leader must hold a minimum of a Master of Science, PhD preferred, in Environment Engineering, or equivalent discipline, from an accredited academic institution.
The Wastewater Practice Leader must hold a professional engineering license in a State or Province that holds primacy on licensure.
The Subsector Leader must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience in the field of process engineering for municipal and industrial wastewater treatment.
Entrepreneurial orientation with understanding of the technical and business management challenges of a consulting services provider.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
Job : Process Engineer
Organization : BC-1813 Water-US Southwest
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 14, 2021, 5:54:43 AM
Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: Requires employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in Colorado:
Hiring Salary Range: $122,400 - $156,000 — Colorado locations only. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
Benefit Clause: Medical, dental & Vision plans, wellness program, health saving account, flexible spending account, 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, life & AD&D insurance, short/long term disability plans & PTO (vacation, sick & holidays).
Req ID: 2100028C
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans