Stantec Construction Coordinator – Landscape Architecture in EDMONTON, Alberta
Construction Coordinator – Landscape Architecture - ( 21000286 )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Our Edmonton office has an opportunity for a Landscape Construction Coordinator to join our Landscape Architecture team within our Community Development practice. Working within a multi-disciplined practice, you will be working side-by-side with a great team of Landscape Architects, Planners, Urban Designers, Civil Engineers, Transportation Engineers, Mixed-Mobility Experts, Architects, River Specialist, Arborist, Wildlife Specialist and Visualization Artists. Stantec’s practice in Edmonton is involved in projects throughout North America and includes exciting and unique design opportunities in both the public and private sector.
This is a team lead position with responsibility for overseeing the field operations as it relates to our landscape architectural construction projects. This position requires a dynamic professional that is pro-active, well-organized and enthusiastic about seeing designed works being built.
Your Key Responsibilities
Leadership and Coordination
- Lead construction side of landscape architectural practice in Northern Alberta.
- Develop strategies and processes to manage field work effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate and schedule field services tasks for the Northern Alberta landscape architectural team.
- Coordinate the City inspection application and documentation process.
- Advocate for the landscape practice by participating in Urban Development Institute (UDI) – Edmonton.
- Work with project teams during detailed design to ensure that projects are constructable and properly documented for contractor clarity.
- Provide detailed design expertise, based on practical field experience.
- Preparation of opinions of probable costs, including quantity take-off.
- Preparation of tender package including bidding documents and written specifications.
- Preparation of site reports, meeting minutes, change orders and other items are required to properly document construction efforts.
- Processing contractor progress payments.
- Work with the contractors, clients, and project team during construction to meet our client’s and governing musicality’s project requirements.
- Develop positive relationships and ensure positive resolutions with all project contacts.
- Be aware of, and responsible for, your individual site safety and Stantec staff when visiting sites.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Working knowledge of Microsoft software including, Excel, Word and Outlook.
Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Civil3D.
Experience with project management and/or scheduling software (i.e. Microsoft project) a bonus.
Working knowledge of local construction specifications and codes.
Local experience in working with surrounding municipalities. Working with private developers will be considered an asset.
Excellent soft skills in regard to leadership, mentorship, and communication with both clients, municipal representative and staff.
Excellent oral, written, and communication skills. Ability to present ideas and lead strategic discussions.
The ability to think strategically, improve processes, and find efficiencies.
Education and Experience
10 years of fulltime experience in the construction or design trades with experience in landscape architecture, parks, and open space projects.
A technical diploma in landscape architecture, civil engineering, architecture, or construction/project management is a requirement. Candidates who do not meet this requirement may be considered if they have an exceptional level of related work experience.
A degree in landscape architecture, civil engineering, architecture, or construction/project management will be considered an asset.
Travel is expected for site visits during construction season (April – October)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job : Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1161 Community Development-CA Alberta North
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 14, 2021, 8:59:30 AM
Req ID: 21000286
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans