Stantec Senior Medical Planner in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Senior Medical Planner to join our dynamic team.
As a Medical Planner, you are responsible for leading the medical planning effort toward the successful completion of complex healthcare facilities; provide overall programming, master planning, design and medical planning; communicate with clients/user groups to understand project requirements; represent the firm nationally as a technical expert.
You should have the ability to combine imagination with technical know-how to implement designs. The ability to hand sketch ideas and details is a must.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
•Work as part of the Senior Leadership team to continue to grow our practice.
•Work with the other key staff to develop “win” strategies, including client contact, proposal preparation and preparation of and participation in client interviews.
• Deliver projects efficiently and effectively through
inspirational leadership of the architectural team members.
• Implement the goals and objectives set out in the annual business plan through leadership, coaching and mentoring of the architectural team members.
• Deliver projects on time, on budget, and the highest quality.
• Develop and maintain client relationships.
• Help lead the continued development of the architectural in-house expertise and methodologies.
• Provide leadership and direction to the team members to develop in-house expertise and methodologies (design, technical and quality standards, etc.) to advance the group and the efficiency and effectiveness of our architectural work.
• Provide medical planning expertise to other team members and the firm-wide healthcare practice.
• Participates in user groups (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) to collect program needs for healthcare facilities and assist with technical aspects of the meeting.
• Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
• Provides technical knowledge in the design and planning of various-sized medical and healthcare facilities.
• Ensures project inter-disciplinary and quality control coordination.
• Develops architectural drawings to communicate planning concepts for project documentation and construction.
• Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.
• Anticipates and develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
• Communicates planning concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
• Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of medical and healthcare facilities.
• Supervises other team members in conjunction with project managers.
• Lead periodical project meetings and presentations; ensure client is adequately briefed on project progress.
Senior Medical Planner
If you have the following qualifications, we would love for you to be a part our diverse team:
• A degree in Architecture is required with minimum 10 (ten) years of architectural experience. Architecture license preferred
• Demonstrated creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities
• Advanced knowledge of progressive technical and local and international regulatory requirements for healthcare facilities design and understanding of fundamental departmental organization and functionality.
• Advanced knowledge of healthcare delivery systems and how design impacts those systems public/private space, adjacencies, staff and patient flow, support functions, central plant, etc.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to convey medical planning needs to designers and other team members.
• Proficiency in Hand sketching, Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
• Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, and organized.
• Ability to work in an energetic and challenging work environment.
• Registration with a relevant professional association (e.g. AIA, RIBA etc).
• Experience in a variety of healthcare, public,
• Strong desire to attract top clients and the best projects.
• Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods.
• Strong interest in the art of design presentations.
• Proven technical understanding of building science and construction contracts
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Consulting
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates