Stantec Project Manager (Water projects) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Project Manager to join our dynamic team in Dubai and support on our ongoing projects in the UAE.
The role involves working on projects associated with wastewater and water engineering. This will involve undertaking investigations, planning, designing, tendering, contract administration and construction management. Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage project delivery and Execution.
• Project delivery planning and control.
• Determine budgets, timelines and cost estimates for project design and construction.
• Management of project financials.
• Development of project programs and project execution plans.
• Internal and external project reporting.
• Contract management and reporting.
• Overviewing Construction phase and liaising with Contractors and Developers.
• Management of sub-consultants.
• Quality and HSE assurance.
- Oversee project technical delivery as part of a team.
• Understanding of client requirements and processes.
• Managing all stages of the design process from concept to detail design, and tender.
• Leading the engineering delivery team and manage project activities through the application of technical engineering planning, principles and techniques
• Review project deliverables including writing technical reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, handling project correspondence.
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems.
• Liaison with the different teams working to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
• Support the team through the delivery process including the technical studies and site investigations
- Client Service Management
• Clients and stakeholders management, communication and liaison.
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
- Other duties as requested from time to time to maintain the business continuity and development.
Project Manager (Water projects)
• 8-10 years of relevant experience in management and coordination with the other multi-discipline project teams, consultants, contractors and other suppliers;
• Degree in Civil Engineering, from a recognized University.
• Must have a Master’s degree in Water related discipline
• Professional Certification or degree in Project Management (PMP Certified) is a must
• Excellent command English both written and spoken.
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates