Stantec Site Mechanical Engineer (Pumping Stations) in Doha, Qatar, Qatar
Stantec Qatar is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for a construction supervision of a Trunk Sewer and Terminal Pumping Station at Doha North.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Technical Delivery:
• Review reports and records.
• Manage non-conforming works, generating reports and corrective actions and coordinating responses.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for project design and construction.
- Collaboration and working as part of a team
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Work under the direction of the Technical Lead;
• Conduct field inspections under the supervision of the Technical Lead, and Client Engineer representative.
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
- Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Lead/ Supervisor Civil Engineer.
Site Mechanical Engineer (Pumping Stations)
• 10 years experience with infrastructure, especially STPs and Pumping stations
• 15 years of total experience
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university
• Experience with testing and commissioning of sewage pumping stations or STPs
• Preferred 5 years employment with international consultant
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html