Stantec Senior Roads O&M Engineer - RMC (Road Management Center) in Doha, Qatar
• Support client Section Heads and Engineers in administering a Roads O&M Performance-Based contract including setting the program of works, work inspection regime, managing technical and contractual discussions, review and approve monthly invoices
• Manage and advice on the operations of the Traffic Management Center (Roads Management Center)
• Coordination with emergency response units
• Maintaining a working knowledge of all RMC system applications
• Monitor the operation of the network by analyzing information from the GIS, Police Services, traffic management systems, including CCTV, historic and predicted traffic patterns
• Oversee all traffic and safety related operations and record keeping duties associated with the smooth operations of the RMC. Examples of duties include:
1- Monitor system resources to quickly detect and identify incident or hazardous conditions
2- Monitor Roadway Weather Information System
3- Assist in preparing incident and construction event information for subsequent dissemination
4- Display library or template based variable message sign messages in accordance with RMC guidelines
5- Monitor system performance and generate work order reports as required
6- Perform record keeping tasks such as daily communication logs and incident reports.
7- Coordinate with other agency and construction staff
8- Reporting incidents using a variety of media and communication techniques
Senior Roads O&M Engineer - RMC (Road Management Center)
• BSC Engineering
• Min 15 Years Experience
• Western Qualifications and Experience
• Post Qualification experience working with Intelligent Transportation Systems and Traffic Management Center operations
• Working knowledge of central operating platforms for traffic cameras and electronic message signs
• Experience of central traffic signal systems
• Ability to lead and follow protocol during a crisis situation
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and communicate with internal agencies on status of various situations/projects
• Excellent communication skills (fluency in Arabic preferred).
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Engineering Other
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!