Stantec Planning Engineer (Asset Management) in Doha, Qatar
We are looking for a Planning Engineer who will play a leading role in the re-engineering and establishment of a high performing Programme Management Office (PMO) Function to service Ashghal Assets Affairs’ Departments (Roads Operations Maintenance Department (ROMD) and Drainage Networks Operations and Maintenance (DNO&M).
The Planning Engineer will hold a Programme Management role across these two Departments. Whilst ensuring successful delivery of the re-engineered PMO Function across the two Departments, the outcomes of the activities led by the Planning Engineer will support the successful achievement of Assets Affairs’ delivery activities and the associated service benefits for users of roads and drainage services in Qatar.
The Planning Engineer will work directly with Assets Affairs’ Asset Management Lead and PMO Project Lead to ensure the co-creation of the new ways of work into the business.
The Planning Engineer shall:
• Have hands-on business leadership and programme management experience with demonstrated excellence in improving the efficiencies and effectiveness of organizations through leading finance, accounting, budgeting, analysis and reporting, and supply chain delivery management teams around the world
• Understand ROMD and DNO&M’s activities, and all relevant stakeholders (internal and external)
• Understand the scope and volume of work to be successfully managed by the business over the next five years
• Ensure stated levels of service to be provided, and the actual performance delivered by all the activities of the Department, are met or exceeded
• Based upon this understanding, and working and coordinating with the two Assets Affairs’ Departments, identify and promote all new and arising business needs (data, processes, technology and people); support the Departments in the mobilization of relevant resources / projects, including the identification of all resources (Ashghal, Stantec) required to ensure Assets Affairs’ delivery activities are successfully achieved
• Ensure that all operational delivery projects across the Departments are delivered to Ashghal’s strategic objectives. These include:
o Contract Management and Delivery:
Embed Framework Contracts
Ensure appropriate works programming, quality reviews and payment verification techniques are applied
o Work Programming:
Deliver robust renewal and maintenance programmes across both Departments
• Work closely with Assets Affairs’ PMO Lead to provide required governance to Assets Affairs’ Monthly / Quarterly, etc., reporting being responsible for re-engineering and subsequent compiling of relevant Reports for all Operational Delivery projects being performed within Assets Affairs
• Ensure quality standards are met, and risks and assumptions documented across all work performed within the PMO
• Support Change Management activities across the PMO including:
o Advise on and assist with the organisational changes required in the PMO to support the delivery of operations and maintenance contracts effectively
o Review Assets Affairs’ and Contractor Business Processes to ensure maintenance, renewal and capital project information is updated and accurately maintained in Ashghal’s Enterprise Asset Management System IBM Maximo and Programme Management System Primavera P6
o Help ensure Assets Affairs has the capacity and capability to deliver the approved budgeted programme
o Identify any necessary training and development programmes to support the PMO Team to deliver their roles effectively
o Mentor and coach key staff within the PMO to embrace required ways of work
Planning Engineer (Asset Management)
• Degree or higher-level qualification in engineering, (e.g. BSc, BEng, MSc Chemical Eng.)
• Preferred Chartered Status
• PMP Certification would be an advantage
• Minimum 10 years of Post Qualification experience
• Minimum of 5 years as a senior engineer within the Programme Management workspace, ideally covering both the Roads and Drainage Maintenance work areas
• Experienced Programme Manager able to provide expert advice on the establishment / re-engineering of a PMO Function within an Operations / Maintenance business bringing international world class expertise
• Strong experience in mentoring Departments / delivery teams to achieve time, cost and quality objectives
• Experience in using Primavera P6, SharePoint 2010, Microsoft Office Suite and associated tools for managing project documentation on major programmes of work
• Experience with capital project management systems and tools, such as reporting, project delivery, stakeholder management, decision tracking and capital investment planning
• Experience in Contract Management and negotiations – between Clients, Contractors and Legal Advisors
• Excellent supervisory and management skills, including problem solving, maturity, empowerment and communication skills
• Strong organisational, presentation, and customer service skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong Stakeholder management skills ideally including work within the Middle East
• Fluent Arabic speaker / writer an advantage
• This will be a 6 to 12-month contract
Operations and Maintenance
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans