Stantec Software Engineer Product Development in Arnhem, Delft, Netherlands
At Stantec The Netherlands, we work at the intersection of technology, data engineering and environmental management. Our mission is to radically improve the affordability and delivery times of subsurface hazard assessments so that our clients enjoy better protection, compliance and efficiencies in the process of preparing and completing excavation works.
In pursuit of this mission, we have successfully launched various data-driven subsurface risk assessment products over the past few years. With our range of data-driven products, we enable our clients to instantly identify potential subsurface risks such as soil contamination, groundwater levels, unexploded ordnances and tree roots.
In this role, you’ll be joining our dedicated product development team to work on improving and integrating existing products as well as designing and building new products. You’ll work with vast volumes of environmental data, develop advanced algorithms, enhance web-based apps, optimize our APIs and work on all the other technologies that make up our data-driven products.
The team you’ll be joining combines expertise in computer science, environmental management and geo-information. We partner with other leading digital solution providers in the environmental industry to enable rapid growth and meaningful advances in our product offering.
• Design and enhance custom geospatial ETL-scripts to automate large-scale data interpretation;
• Create functions and stored procedures within SQL and web environments;
• Create new web services and modify/maintain existing .NET/C# webservices to incorporate; additional datasets, improve service performance, and enhance graphical user interfaces;
• Design and build efficient user-friendly interfaces in front-end environments.
Software Engineer Product Development
We are looking for a Software Engineer who possesses a passion for creative problem-solving and working with a dedicated product development team.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field;
• Proven software development experience;
• Demonstrated programming experience.
• Experience with software development and debugging, including database and web service programming and performance optimization;
• Familiarity with third party libraries and APIs;
• Knowledge of SQL scripting language to process and retrieve data from/ to RDBMS;
• Demonstrated experience in developing custom GIS web applications;
• Familiar with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies.
Environmental Engineer, Environmental Science, Geological Engineer
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
Curious to find out what it’s like to work at Stantec? At https://www.stantec.com/en/careers you can find all the information you need.
For more information about working at Stantec please visit: https://www.stantec.com/nl/careers
If you would like to know more about this position, please feel free to contact Ivo Kervezee, Product Development Manager, telephone number: +316 39859350
Applying is only possible via the ‘apply to job button’ on our website https://stantec.jobs/jobs/?location=Netherlands
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):