Stantec Senior A/E BIM Coordinator (Construction) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Senior A/E BIM Coordinator to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project of a large office building complex which will accommodate the client’s administration and operation employees. This project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Drives the strategic planning and management of CAD and BIM/Revit functions including building BIM/Revit capability, resource planning, and overall management of BIM and CAD environment, under the guidance of Project Management on site.
• Supporting on development initiatives including the planning and implementation of AutoCAD to BIM/Revit migration for a full 3D (and subsequently 4D/5D) design technology capability deployment.
• Work with the team towards implementing full BIM technology deployment on large scale projects to include 4D (scheduling & manpower) and 5D (cost analysis) using BIM models.
• As part of a multi-disciplinary project delivery team, supports with contributing actively to structure, process and compliance improvements; improves CAD/BIM work-flows, policies, procedures, processes and controls to ensure full adherence with QA/QC requirements in accordance with with Company’s ISO9001 Quality Management System.
• Drives CAD/BIM operations and performance improvement initiatives including all necessary functional, technological and operational improvements; implements best practices and standards to optimize BIM project delivery, quality and profitability.
• Recommends the adoption of new technologies, system upgrades and customisations as necessary.
• Trains, develops and coaches CAD and BIM/Revit teams and other users as necessary. Develops and maintains groupwide CAD and BIM libraries.
• Guides, supports and oversees execution of the projects on site; resolves complex technical issues
Senior A/E BIM Coordinator (Construction)
• Ability to provide technical expertise, guidance and support to CAD and BIM team members and technicians working on projects of varying levels of complexity; ability to set technical direction to CAD/BIM work optimisation; to improve productivity and quality assurance.
• Advanced level command of AutoCAD and solid knowledge of Revit/BIM and other 3D modelling software. This includes customization of the software, writing LISP routines, macros, and programs to increase the productivity and improve the quality of the drawings
• Ability to use advanced digital 2/3D design draughting and modelling skills, creative and visual thinking, and excellent knowledge of detailed design production and delivery standards to produce detailed design submissions that can be used onsite for project construction purposes and reflect the requirements of the clients.
• CAD Software proficiency (AutoCAD / Revit-Architecture/ Navisworks / BIM 360) including advanced hands-on command of BIM/Revit as well as AutoCAD and other design technologies and software used in construction projects as well as Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.
• Expert knowledge of BIM standards; ability to coach, train and develop CAD/BIM teams and upgrade companywide CAD/BIM/Revit proficiency and performance.
• Ability to work effectively as part a multi-disciplinary project team, own accountability for CAD and BIM teams deliverables and performance; demonstrate advanced project management skills
• Proven technical communication & reporting skills including reading, writing and interpretation of technical documentation, specifications and reports, proposals, technical briefs, contracts and tender documents.
• Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture / Architecture / Civil Engineering
Years of Experience:
• 12+ years of relevant work experience in mature markets with advanced BIM practice, preferably with previous experience in landscape and/or building architectural design projects
Key Common Competencies:
• Accuracy, precision, excellent eye for detail
• Effective planning, organisational and execution skills
• Effective communication skills (verbal & written) in English
• Critical thinking & problem-solving skills
• Initiative & proactiveness
• Ability to work under pressure, multitask, manage priorities and meet timelines
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Client & stakeholder management skills (internal & external)
Core Management Competencies
• Team leadership
• Strategic & operational management
• Team & functional planning & administration
• People management
• Self-management & emotional intelligence
Core Corporate Competencies
• Demonstrate care & commitment
• Anticipates customer needs
• Embraces change
• Takes ownership of tasks
• Team player
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Nowuniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates