Stantec Quantity Surveyor in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project related to water infrastructure, a TSE pipeline and an interconnection between DEWA and TRANSCO.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Technical Delivery
• Experience in all facets of quantity surveying including cost planning, quantity take-off, preparation of bills of quantities in CESMM format, estimating, tender and contract document production, report writing, claim evaluation/ negotiation, general post contract administration, valuation of variations, agreement of new rates, Taking Over Certificates and Defects Liability.
• Assistance Project Managers on commercial matters
• Assistance in preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications to maximise the company’s cashflow
• Co-ordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with
• General commercial management of sub-contractors
• Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations
• Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
• Placing sub contact orders and agreement of subcontract final accounts
• Ensuring that income from interim applications is received on time
• Liaison and co-ordination to ensure financial report is timely and accurate
- Collaboration and working as part of a team
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Work under the direction of the Technical Lead;
• Conduct field inspections under the supervision of the Technical Lead, and Client Engineer representative.
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
- Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
If you have the following qualifications, we would love for you to be a part our diverse team:
Degree or Diploma in QS from a recognized university.
Minimum 8+ years of similar work experience.
Experience working on water infrastructure, TSE, networks, water pipelines, RO plants, and water reservoirs.
Previous ADDC and/or Transco approval an advantage.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates